Modarres, Mohammad Ph.D.
- Probabilistic risk assessment
- Probabilistic physics of failure
- Reliability analysis of complex engineering systems
- Nuclear safety analysis
- Prognosis and health management
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1980
Honors and Awards
- 2008 International Research Leadership Award conferred by the Society for Reliability Engineering Quality and Operations Management
- Distinguished Scholar-Teacher Award, 1994-95
- Fellow, American Nuclear Society
- Fellow, American Nuclear Society. (January 1988 - Present);
- Editorial Board, Reliability Engineering and System Safety Journal. (January 2010 - Present)
- Editorial Board, Journal of Risk and Reliability. (April 2005 - Present)
- Associate Editor, International Journal on Performability Engineering. (January 2005 - Present)
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Reliability and Safety (IJRS). (December 2004 - Present)
- A Thermodynamic Entropy-Based Damage Assessment with Applications to Prognosis and Health Management, A. Imanian, M. Modarres, Structural Health Monitoring, February 2017, pp.1-5, DOI: 10.1177/1475921716689561
- Advances in Multi-Unit Nuclear Power Plant Probabilistic Risk Assessment, M. Modarres, T. Zhou, M. Massoud, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, J., Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Volume 157, January 2017, Pages 87–100.
- A Prognostics Approach Based on the Evolution of Damage Precursors using Dynamic Bayesian Networks, E. Rabiei, E. L. Droguett, M. Modarres, Advances in Mechanical Engineering, Advances in Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 8(9), 2016, pp1–19.
- Thermodynamic Entropy Generation in the Course of the Fatigue Crack Initiation, V. Ontiveros, M. Amiri, A. Kahirdeh, M. Modarres, Fatigue & Fracture Engineering of Material Structures, 2016, 00 1–12, DOI: 10.1111/ffe.12506.
- Thermodynamics as a Fundamental Science of Reliability, A. Imanian, M. Modarres, Int. J. of Risk and Reliability, Vol.230(6), pp.598-608. DOI: 10.1177/1748006X16679578.
- Sensor-Based Bayesian Inference and Placement: Review and Examples, Christopher S. Jackson, Mohammad Modarres, International Journal of Performability, Volume 12, Number 1, January 2016, pp. 13-32.
- Statistical Distribution Functions and Tables Used in Reliability Engineering
- Reliability Engineering and Risk Analysis: A Practical Guide
- Engineering and Risk Analysis: A Practical Guide Solutions
- What Every Engineer Should Know About: Reliability and Risk Analysis
- Commercial Nuclear Power: Assuring Safety for the Future
- Risk Analysis in Engineering: Probabilistic Techniques, Tools and Trends
- Probabilistic Physics of Failure Approach to Reliability: Modeling, Accelerated Testing, Prognosis and Reliability Assessment
- Proceedings of the Third International Workshop on Functional Modeling of Complex Technical Systems
- Proceedings of the Fourth International Workship on Functional Modeling of Complex Technical Systems
- Proceedings of the Fifth International Workship on Functional Modeling of Complex Technical Systems