- System Health Monitoring
- Prognostics and Health Management (PHM)
- Bayesian Sensor Placement Optimization
- Common Cause Failure (CCF) Analysis
- Application of Bayesian Techniques such as Bayesian Belief Networks in Risk and Reliability Analysis
- PhD, Reliability Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
- Registered Professional Engineer in the District of Columbia and states of Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Virginia
- Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member of IEEE Industry Application Society (IAS)
- Member of IEEE Power and Energy Society (PES)
- Member of IEEE Standard Association (SA)
- Member of IEEE Reliability Society (RS)
- Chair, IEEE Working Group: Generating Renewable Energy through the Application of Plasma Gasification
- Chair, IEEE Working Group: IEEE Std. 3006.5 (Former IEEE Gold Book)
- Member of Society for Automotive Engineers (SAE International)
- Management Committee Member of Reliability and Maintainability Symposium (RAMS)
- Pourali, M., “Incorporating Common Cause Failures in Mission Critical Facilities Reliability Analysis,” IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS) 2013 Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida, USA, 6 - 11 October 2013.
- Pourali, M., and Mosleh, A., “A Functional Sensor Placement Optimization Method for Power Systems Health Monitoring,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Volume 49, No. 4, July/August 2013.
- Pourali, M., and Mosleh, A., “A Bayesian Approach to Sensor Placement Optimization and System Reliability Monitoring,” Proc. IMechE Part O: Journal of Risk and Reliability, 227(3), pages: 327 - 347, 2013.
- Pourali, M., and Mosleh, A., “A Bayesian Approach to Online System Health Monitoring,” Reliability and Maintainability Annual Symposium (RAMS), pages: 210 - 215, 2013.
- Pourali, M., and Mosleh, A., “Application of Bayesian Sensor Placement Optimization for Real-Time Health Monitoring,” 2012 ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC/CIE 2012), Chicago, Illinois, USA, 2012.
- Pourali, M., and Mosleh, A., “A Bayesian Belief Network Method of Sensor Placement Optimization for System Reliability Monitoring,” International Association for Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Management, PSAM 11, Helsinki, Finland, 2012.
- Pourali, M., “Application of Plasma Gasification Technology in Waste to Energy - Challenges and Opportunities,” IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Volume: 1, Issue: 3, pages: 125 - 130, 2010.
- Pourali, M., “The Supremacy of Embedded Redundancy over Redundancy at System Level in Mission Critical Facilities,” IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, Dallas, Texas, USA, 2009.