Baecher, Gregory B. Ph.D.
- Project risk management
- Infrastructure risk and reliability
- National flood policy
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, 1984
Honors and Awards
- Commander's Award for Public Service, HQ US Army Corps of Engineers, 2007
- National Academy of Engineering, 2006
- Freeman Foundation Fellow, 2003
- Lilly Foundation Fellow, 2003
- Thomas A Middlebrooks Award American Society of Civil Engineers, 1996
- State-of-the Art Award American Society of Civil Engineering, 1991
- Rockefeller Foundation Post Doctoral Fellow, 1975
- National Science Foundation Graduate Engineering Fellowship, 1969
- Chi Epsilon, 1968
- Board on Earth Sciences and Resources, National Research Council, 2006-2009
- Water Science and Technology Board, National Research Council, 1998-2005
- Board on Infrastructure and the Constructed Environment, National Research Council, 1999-2002
- Consultative Council, National Institute of Building Sciences, 1998-2002
- Baecher, G.B., and Christian, J.T., Reliability and Statistics in Geotechnical Engineering, John Wiley and Sons, London and New York, 605pp., 2003.
- Hartford, D., and Baecher, G.B., Risk and Uncertainty in Dam Safety, Thomas Telford, Ltd., London, 416pp., 2004.
- Baecher, G.B., and Frolov, K. (Eds.), Protection of Civil Infrastructure from Acts of Terrorism, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 2006.
- Zielinski, P.A., and Baecher, G.B., Risk Evaluation in Dam Safety, Thomas Telford, Ltd., London, forthcoming.