Herrmann, Jeffrey Ph.D.
- Public health emergency preparedness
- Production scheduling
- Engineering design decision-making
- Ph.D., University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1993
Honors and Awards
- 2013: Society for Health Systems Diplomate
- 2009: IEST Maurice Simpson Technical Editors Award (with Timothy Hoy)
- 2008: The Daily Record's Innovator of the Year Award
- 2005 NACo Achievement Award from the National Association of Counties
- 2003 Society of Manufacturing Engineers Jiri Tlusty Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award
- 2002 University of Maryland Pi Tau Sigma Appreciation Award
- American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
- Society for Health Systems (SHS)
- Tamburello, Robert N., and Jeffrey W. Herrmann, "A Simulation-Based Approach to Determine the Evaluation Adequacy of System-of-Systems Operational Test Configurations", Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part O: Journal of Risk and Reliability, Volume 229, Number 1, pages 46-51, 2015.
- Herrmann, Jeffrey W., William Rand, Brandon Schein, and Neza Vodopivec, "An Agent-Based Model of Urgent Diffusion in Social Media", Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Volume 18, Number 2, Page 1, March 31, 2015.
- Herrmann, Jeffrey W., "Predicting the Performance of a Design Team Using a Markov Chain Model", IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Volume 62, Number 4, pages 507-516, 2015.
- Abbey, Rachel L., Katherine A. Aaby, and Jeffrey W. Herrmann, "Planning and Managing Mass Prophylaxis Clinic Operations", in Handbook of Healthcare Operations Management, Brian T. Denton, editor, Springer, New York, 2013.
- Leber, Dennis D., and Jeffrey W. Herrmann, "Decision Analysis Methods for Selecting Consumer Services with Attribute Value Uncertainty", in Risk Assessment and Evaluation of Predictions, M.-L. T. Lee, M. Gail, R. Pfeiffer, G. Satten, T. Cai, and A. Gandy, editors, Lecture Notes in Statistics, Volume 210, pages 405-424, Springer, New York, 2013.
- Herring, William L., and Jeffrey W. Herrmann, "The Single-Day Surgery Scheduling Problem: Sequential Decision-Making and Threshold-Based Heuristics", OR Spectrum, Volume 34, Number 2, pages 429-459, 2012.
- Herring, William L., and Jeffrey W. Herrmann, "A Stochastic Dynamic Program for the Single-Day Surgery Scheduling Problem", IIE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering, 1:4, pages 213-225, 2011.
- Herring, William L., and Jeffrey W. Herrmann, "The Single-Day Surgery Scheduling Problem: Sequential Decision-Making and Threshold-Based Heuristics, OR Spectrum, DOI: 10.1007/s00291-011-0270-3.
- Strunz, Richard, and Jeffrey W. Herrmann, "Reliability as an Independent Variable Applied to Liquid Rocket Engine Hot Fire Test Plans", Journal of Propulsion and Power, Volume 27, Number 5, pages 1032-1044, 2011.
- Strunz, Richard, and Jeffrey W. Herrmann, "A Reliability as an Independent Variable (RAIV) Methodology for Optimizing Test Planning for Liquid Rocket Engines", CEAS Space Journal, Volume 2, Numbers 1-4, pages 17-30, 2011.
- Herrmann, J.W., “The Perspectives of Taylor, Gantt, and Johnson: How to Improve Production Scheduling,” International Journal of Operations and Quality Management, Volume 16, Number 3, pages 243-254, September, 2010.
- Herrmann, J.W., “Progressive Design Processes and Bounded Rational Designers,” Journal of Mechanical Design, Volume 132, Issue 8, 081005, August 2010 (8 pages).
- Karimian, Peyman, and J.W. Herrmann, "Separating Design Optimization Problems to form Decision-Based Design Processes", Journal of Mechanical Design, Volume 131, Issue 1, 011007 (8 pages), January 2009.
- Aughenbaugh, Jason M., and Jeffrey W. Herrmann, "Reliability-Based Decision-Making: A Comparison of Statistical Approaches,"Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice, Volume 3, Number 1, pages 289-304, March 2009.
- Herrmann, J.W., "Design Optimization with Imprecise Random Variables," 2009 SAE World Congress, Detroit, Michigan, April 20-23, 2009.
- Aughenbaugh, Jason M., and Jeffrey W. Herrmann, "Information Management for Estimating System Reliability using Imprecise Probabilities and Precise Bayesian Updating," International Journal of Reliability and Safety, Volume 3, Numbers 1/2/3, pages 35-56, 2009.
- Aughenbaugh, Jason M., and Jeffrey W. Herrmann, "A Comparison of Statistical Approaches for Assessing Reliability,"International Journal of Reliability and Safety, Volume 2, Number 4, pages 265-285, 2008.
- Herrmann, Jeffrey W.," Disseminating Emergency Preparedness Planning Models as Automatically Generated Custom Spreadsheets," Interfaces, Volume 38, Number 4, pages 263-270, 2008.
- Hoy, Timothy W., and Jeffrey W. Herrmann, "Optimal utilization of test facilities to replicate operational environments," Journal of the IEST, Volume 51, Number 2, pages 10-19, 2008.
- Chincholkar, Mandar, and Jeffrey W. Herrmann, "Estimating manufacturing cycle time and throughput in flow shops with process drift and inspection," International Journal of Production Research, Volume 46, Issue 24 December 2008 , pages 7057 - 7072.