Nuclear reactor systems design and analysis; reactor safety; and thermalhydraulics (heat transfer and fluid mechanics)
Ph.D., University of Missouri-Columbia, 1978
Honors and Awards
- A. James Clark School of Engineering Senior Faculty Teaching Award
- American Nuclear Society, Member
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Member
- American Society for Engineering Education, Member
- Introduction to Engineering Design – Book 9: Engineering Skills and Hovercraft Missions, J.W. Dally, G.A. Pertmer, and W.L. Fourney, College House Enterprises (2006).
- Introduction to Engineering Design – Book 8: Anti-Icing Systems for Highway Bridges, J.W. Dally and G.A. Pertmer, College House Enterprises (2004).
- Thamire, C., Ainane, S., and Pertmer, G.A., “A Novel Collaborative Program in
Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering”, Proc. 2004 ASEE Annual Conference (2004).
- Garland, M., Mirzadeh, S., Alexander, C.W., Hirtz, G.J., Hobbs, R.W., Pertmer,
G.A., and Knapp, F.F., “Neutron Flux Characterization of a Peripheral Target Position in the
High Flux Isotope Reactor”, App. Rad. & Isotopes, 59, 1 (2003)
- Schmidt, J., Fines, J, and Pertmer, G.A., “The Teaching Fellows Program: Undergraduate
Partners in Teaching”, Proc. 2003 ASEE Annual Conference (2003).
- Binney, S.E., Krane, K.S., Garland, M.A., Pertmer, G.A., and Mirzadeh, S., “Measurement
of Neutron Cross Sections for Medical Isotopes”, Trans. ANS, 86 (2002).
- Ainane, S., Pertmer, G.A., and Schmidt, J., “Keeping the Flame Alive: What Happens
AFTER the ABET Visit”, Proc. 2002 ASEE Annual Conference (2002).
- Lent, R., Schmidt, J., Schmidt, L., and Pertmer, G.A., “Exploration of Collective Efficacy
Beliefs in Student Project Teams: Implications for Student and Teams Outcomes”, Proc. 2002 ASEE Annual Conference (2002).