Vaughn-Cooke, Monifa Ph.D.
- Human reliability assessment
- Human factors
- Systems engineering
- Healthcare system and medical device design
- Design decision making
- Psychometric tool development
- Bio-behavioral risk assessment
- Decision support systems.
- Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA 2012
Honors and Awards
- Alfred P. Sloan Doctoral Scholarship (2010)
- Bunton Waller Graduate Award (2007)
- GE First Year Faculty for the Future Fellowship (2007)
- Journal reviewer for the Institute of Industrial Engineers Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering
- Session chair for the 2010 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference
- Member of the American Society for Quality
- Member of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
- Student organizer for the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 52nd Annual Meeting
- Vaughn-Cooke., M., Kremer, G.K. “Empirical Pilot Study Variable Selection Using Value Tree Analysis,” Industrial Engineering Research Conference Proceedings, Reno, NV, May 2011.
- Vaughn-Cooke, M., Nembhard, H.B., and Ulbrecht, J. “Reformulating Human Reliability in Healthcare,” Industrial Engineering Research Conference Proceedings, Cancun, Mexico, May 2010.
- Vaughn-Cooke, M. “Development of an Integrated Model for Predicting Patient Compliance,” Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 53rd Annual Meeting, San Antonio Texas, Oct. 2009.
- Rahimi, M., and Vaughn-Cooke, M. “Information Architecture for an Alzheimer’s Communication and Monitoring System.” Gerontechnology, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 42-55, Jan. 2009.