Introduction to R language programming
Monday, June 24, 2019
1:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
McKeldin Library 6107
As a student researcher, it might be critical for you to know at least one powerful statistical software to suceed in your field. Knowing R language is one of the best options for most individuals. R is an extremely powerful, versatile and best of all FREE statistical package that runs on Windows, Macintosh and Unix platform, which you can continue using after your graduation. Join this workshop and gain a hands on experience on learning R!
This workshop will cover:
- An overall introduction to R
- Basic mathematical functions
- Summary statistics and summary report
- How to create graphs in R
- Regression analysis in R
This workshop is organized by the statistical consulting team in McKeldin Library. All students are welcome. It is okay if you don't have programming experience.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to prepare the software environment
- Please bring your own laptop (if you do not have a laptop, we will provide one)
- Before the workshop, download both R and Rstudio:
- R can be downloaded at https://www.r-project.org/
- Rstudio (Open Source License, the free one) can be downloaded at https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/
Click here to register for the workshop!