Intermediate R Workshop: Linear Regression Analysis
Wednesday, August 14, 2019
1:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
McKeldin Library 6107
The family of general linear model includes some of the most commonly-used statistical models, such as ANOVA, ANCOVA, OLS linear regression and so on. It is the foundation to understand more advanced models such as generalized linear models. multilevel modeling and structural equation modeling. This workshop will cover how to use R to fit and analyze linear models, so participants can build up previous knowledge to analyze their own data using general linear models. It will cover the following topics:
- Simple linear regression
- Multiple linear regression
- Checking assumption violations
- Basic skills in R. Completion of "Introduction to R language programming" workshop is recommended but not required.
- Completion of a 400 or 600 level statistics course or equivalent. Prior knowledge and study in multiple linear regression and ANOVA is assumed.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to prepare the software environment.
- Please bring your own laptop (if you do not have a laptop, we will provide one).
Click here to register for the workshop!