Ph.D., University of Maryland, 1964
- Vice-President, IEEE Reliability Society
- Member; Editorial Board, Reliability Engineering and System Safety Journal
- Advisory Committee of the IEEE Reliability Society, IEEE Reliability Society Education Committee
- Member, The Aerospace Industries Association Taskforce on Ultra-Reliable Electronic Systems, The ASQC Reliability Division Scholarship Committee, The Working Group 12 on Risk Assessment of the United States Committee of the International Electrotechnical Commission
- Member-at-Large of the Management Committee of ANSI ASC Z1, which is the organization designated to coordinate development of U.S. standards on quality assurance, reliability and statistics
Probabilistic risk assessment System reliability and availability
- J.X. Wang and M.L. Roush, "Risk Engineering and Management," Marcel Dekker Inc, 2000.
- M.L. Roush and W.M. Webb, "Applied Reliability Engineering," Vols. 1 and 2, Beacon Press, 2000.
- K.P. LaSala and M.L. Roush, "System engineering for human performance reliability with REHMS-D," Communications in Reliability, Maintainability and Supportability, July 1994, pp 34-39.
- M. Modarres, M.L. Roush and F. Nouri, "A probabilistic cost based method for evaluation of operational improvements in nuclear reactors," IEEE Transactions on Reliability R-34(1985)5.
The fellowship was created in honor of Dr. Roush's pioneering work in risk and reliability